Monday, April 6, 2009

Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice

A few days before conference my friend asked me if I had any particular questions in my mind for conference. I was a little put back because I usually write down between 5-10 questions in prep for conference, but this time I hadn't. I thought all night about a possible question but there wasn't one that came up that I didn't have an answer for already. I came to the conclusion that I just needed to hear that Heavenly Father still loves me and wants to be friends despite my recent bad attitude and struggles. I KNOW that my Heavenly Father loves me, but the thing I have always struggled with is that I have a hard time feeling of that love. Sometimes I feel a bit picked on, but most of the time I feel as though He has put me on the back burner and left me there on boil. I know I am blessed in my life with great friends, family, and job. But is it bad to just want Him to put me down to a simmer?

Turns out there were many messages of comfort to my heart. There were also many messages about the temple. Which gave me a strong desire to receive my endowment. I know I will need to prepare a lot for this. I will be 25 in November and am hoping they will let me go through with my older sister. The temple is such an amazing place where I love to be and feel at peace and away from the world.

All in all conference was amazing. I just love President Monson. What an amazing man and leader he is. I couldn't help but be overcome with the feeling of safety and security when he was speaking. I love him SO SO much, and am excited about life again.

1 comment:

Brittany Sullenger said...

Kate...that is one of the things I prayed for also...to feel of God's love for me individually. I felt it was definitely answered also! You're an amazing person and an awesome example! Love ya!