Monday, December 14, 2009

My Fabulous Calling

So today I find myself at home till 2:00. This is what happens when you work with people who are more on the irresponsible side. However, it gives me time to get things done. PHEW! So nice to have some free time. I have been thinking a lot about the things that have helped me grow in the past year. Certainly the people in my life (my ministering angels) have helped me grow in so many ways. However the one I would like to talk about mainly in this blog is my calling.

I used to say that the two worst callings that they could give me were Sunday School teacher and Activities Co-chair. Activities Co-chair is one of the biggest callings in the branch. It involves planning an activity every Tuesday night, planning firesides and combined single's branch activities. Well I was presented with the potential to be called as a Sunday School teacher. (This was not an official call. Just a we are thinking of doing this.) I freaked out!!! So then a week later they extended the official call to be Activities Co-chair. Oh how my Heavenly Father has a sense of humor. When they extended the call I felt nothing but peace. I gladly accepted it, and things have gone amazingly well. I have to give a lot of the credit to the other co-chair and to our committee who is always willing to help. I have been able to do so much more than I ever thought I could. I have grown so much, I am amazed at what I can do with the strength of my Heavenly Father and with the sustaining power of my amazing branch. I am truly grateful for my calling, even though at times I still have to do things that scare me to death, they are becoming easier. I know that the Lord has been able to sustain me above my talents in this call, and I am so grateful for Him.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I love your spirit, Katy!