Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Friends

Can I just write I quick blog on how great my friends are. I was presented with 4 of THE most amazing girls ever a few months after my mom passed away. We roomed together for a few years in college and they are my BEST friends. We have been through so much together and I can't think of anyone else I would rather have in my life outside of my family. THEY LOVE ME ENTIRELY! 

There was a time when I was struggling internally with lots of things and stopped talking to one for a few years. As I found myself and began to love myself I was able to reach out to her again. Can I hazard to guess that if it were any other person they would have turned their back on me long ago? Can I hazard to guess that any other person would have moved on and decided I was a lost cause? But that is not what my friend did. After 3 long years she stood with open arms to receive me back in our friendship. She told me that she had never stopped praying for me, and loving me. Truly there are not many people I know who would do that. She is such an amazing Christ like example to me of love!

Lately I have been thinking a lot about what really makes a good friend. I think it's great to do things for each other and enjoy each other's company, but I think a true friendship must run much deeper. A true friendship is one where we are striving together to be better people. Where when we are with each other the Spirit is present and we are prodding each other on in righteous endeavors. When I am with them, I can feel like I can do and be anything. Friendships that will last eternally. My family and my friends are the 2 things in this life that I can never be thankful enough for. The 2 biggest blessings that the Lord has ever bestowed upon me, and 2 of the things I can say that I will be eternally grateful for. 

No comments: