Friday, February 18, 2011

My Christmas Post.....Finally

So this year for Christmas I never really have any expectations. It is always a surprise what I get! But I never ask for anything and therefore I never really know what I am going to get. This last year my dad really hit the hammer on the head. I LOVED my gift. He got me this.

A 19" Marble Christus. Super nice. It's a great thing to have in the house. But what my dad doesn't know is how much I relate the Christus to him. When we would visit my grandparents in Utah when I was younger my dad would always take us to see the Christus on Temple Square. Next to shopping with my mom and Grandma it was my most favorite thing to do. I found it enchanting as a little kid walking up the circular ramp with all the stars and planets surrounding me. I remember one specific time when my dad didn't take us. Evidently, we didn't have the time. But I remember being super sad that we didn't get to go, but being too shy to tell him I really wanted to go. So thanks dad for the great Christmas present. The Christus statue has always been something I have loved. You were definitely inspired to get it for me. :)

No comments: