Friday, February 8, 2008

One Heckofa Blessing!



I just wanted to dedicate this blog today to one of my most precious and treasured friends in the world! It is my friend Michelle's Birthday today and I just wanted to talk about her and how much she really means to me! She has just turned 22 years old and I think that it has been 22 years spent blessing the lives of others. I have now known her for a little over 3 years now. It doesn't seem that long but upon reflexion I can't imagine my life without her. She has been one of the most positive influences on me in the last three years. Yes there have been times that we have fought, but the fun times have definitely outweighed the bad. I want to talk about how she has influenced my life.

She is one of the most social people that you will ever meet. She truly knows the worth of each and every soul and getting to know people is something that she loves to do, she will stop and talk to complete strangers just to start a conversation. In this I have learned to look at people differently and at times I find myself using the Michelle approach with people, and talking to them and loving them no matter who they are.

She also loves service, and serving those that she meets and loves. She will do anything and everything for people even when it is an inconvenience. One time when I was depressed, I called her crying and she just talked to me for an hour and told me that the solution was to get my butt out the door and find someone to serve. Boy was she right, I almost immediately felt the clouds part and the sun shine again. Now, when I find myself depressed with nothing but rainy skies ahead I often find myself using the Michelle approach, and finding someone to serve.

Michelle is also someone who finds joy in obedience and noticing the small things. When we stumble upon a VIP parking spot. I call it luck and she is always quick to remind me that it was a blessing. Or when I happen to snatch the last package from the store of my favorite burritos. While I am saying how lucky I am she is again quick to remind me that that too is also indeed a blessing. Until I met Michelle I never really noticed how great and abundant my blessings truly are, and I find myself counting them one by one, and realizing how much the Lord truly has done!!!

Last but not least Michelle is a great EXAMPLE! Her true desire in this life is to do everything she can to do the best she can and please her Father in Heaven. This is something that she can't hide and that I have noticed and tried to emulate. This is my biggest goal for this next year. To take the Michelle approach to life and be that example to everyone I come in contact with and leave every person I come in contact with better than I found them.

Michelle I love you so much! I can't imagine what my life would be like without you! You have affected me in more ways then you and even I will ever know. Thanks so much for everything that you are!

No comments: