Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Patience

I know that patience is a virtue, but this happens to be something that I really struggle with. Growing up I was always the one telling people to "hurry up" and "let's go." You know when life presents you with a change, and you know its going to happen, and you just have to wait? That is how I feel now. I hate knowing that I am going to move and be in my old branch but having to wait for it to happen. This is small in comparison with other things I have had to wait for. It seems like the Lord has really been trying my patience lately. To wait for almost a year for one particular thing sounds like a real trial in patience, but then to have that particular event never come to pass is the ultimate try of my patience. I wish that I had just developed this virtue on my own. If I had I may have spared myself a year of waiting in vain for something that would never happen.

2 comments:

the ginabean said...

UGH. I hear ya, Katy! Patience is a virtue I rather lack. Honestly, I guess I'm not horrible at it, but when it rains it pours, and I DO have a hard time being patient with lots of stuff all at once.

Good luck, darlin! I'll miss seeing your face in church and at activities!

thoughts of a Wicked Stepmother said...

It looks like we are all working on the same virtue. Dang! Well, at least we are not alone eh? Hang in there, there are great blessings for great patience. That is what I try to tell myself. yep.