Friday, April 8, 2011

Wedding Cards

So about a year or so ago one of my good friends was getting married. I couldn't make it to the reception so I decided to send her a card. I went to the card section of the store and passed the Birthday, Anniversary, Get Well Soon, and Sad Day Your Pet Died sections and came to the wedding card section. Well the only cards I could find were these flowery mumbo jumbo cards that had me cringing.
  • There's something about you two that says "forever."  - - - - ACK!
  • Here's wishing each new day finds your hearts closer, your lives fuller, your love deeper.    - - - -   Here's wishing there was some money in the card to make it worth the time.
  • Love is like a rose, the joy of all the earth. May your love continue to blossom every day. - - - Corny, stupid and dumb! Incorrect statement!
  • With your marriage, two have now become one - How One-derful!  - - - YACK!
  • In your smiles, all the warmth and fun, all the gentleness and joy of a cherished friendship. In your hearts, all the closeness and care, all the tenderness and devotion of a lifetime romance. In your marriage, all the harmony and hope, all the power and promise of a love that grows ever stronger and more beautiful with the passing years. - - - -Bet you didn't even get all the way through that one. ;)
.....and last but not least.
  • May you always drink together from the source of love, which is a mighty spring forever pouring itself out for you. - - - The insides of my stomach are pouring out on me as I read this.
After seeing what my options were I turned around and left the store. Sorry Cheena for never getting a card from me, but I just couldn't fathom the idea of sending something like that. It's not me. Maybe my feelings are such because I have never been in love. My best friend Janet told me one time that when I fall in love I will lap the sap up like milk. BLAH! I guess I just need a card that says "Out of the 100 cards I read this is the only one that didn't make me want to stab my eyes out. Congrats." DONE! 

1 comment:

Marci said...

ewwwwwwwwww i can just picture you gagging over those...just like I was just now when I was reading them. Wow. So cheesy. Sometime somebody is going to think of much better things to write in cards!!