Thursday, March 29, 2012

Quirk!

So when I was growing up my family always had a hobby farm. I would say I learned a lot from taking care of lots of different animals. But there is something that has left me scarred in my adult years. Every year we would buy little turkeys which we would raise and butcher and put in our freezer. I didn't mind the killing the turkey part as much as I minded the end result of the plucked turkey. Look closely at this picture.

Gross! Gross! Gross! See all those little holes where the feathers were? I just think it's not aesthetically pleasing! It is super super gross! I couldn't handle it when I was young and I can barely handle it now. But I think I hate this so much that it has crossed over to other things. Like this....

I can't handle how this looks. My hands are getting all tense as I am typing this. It is just so so so SO gross looking. I can't handle all those little holes all in a row. It sicks me out in a big way. Whenever I get behind a truck who is carrying pipe like this I have to pass it real fast. Call me weird, but it is the truth. I think we all have our own little quirks. This is mine. So someone else will have to prepare the turkey for Thanksgiving cause I just can't handle it!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Oh my gosh, Katy, I'm the same way! I thought for sure I was the only one, because how weird is it to be freaked out by random holes like that? It's so weird, but I'm glad I'm not the only one! I feel better about myself. haha

Marci said...

That is so random, but based on where you've been it's understandable... great post!